Data Migration is essential to any ERP project
Data migration is an essential step in any enterprise software project. It is also a major contributor to an enterprise software project risk.
Data migration is the one-time process of selecting, preparing, extracting and transforming data in order to permanently transfer it from legacy systems to the new systems. The testing and validation of migrated data is then undertaken to ensure accuracy and completeness, and finally the decommissioning of legacy systems and associated data.
Data migration is mostly the client’s responsibility, however the client typically does not have the expertise and / or spare capacity to plan and execute data migration efficiently and effectively.
We see time and time again projects repeat the same mistakes with data migration, with the resulting impact being a project that is delayed, budget overrun, poor data quality and reduced expected business benefits.
Often projects take a highly manual approach and don’t consider how automation tools can accelerate timelines, reduce cost, make repeatable and reduce error.
To avoid common mistakes, it is essential that data migration is given adequate and early consideration by specialists to establish a baseline scope, approach, plan and budget.
SMC can assist in your Data Migration by undertaking essential planning activities so that your project is not put at risk. We will help you understand your Vendor Requirements to import data and help you to establish an overall data migration scope, approach and plan that will save you time, and money for this crucial and fundamental step in your enterprise software implementation.
Speak to an SMC Consultant today to ensure your enterprise software project allocates adequate planning to the crucial step of Data Migration.
Advantages of proper planning of Data Migration :
- Save time and money
- Accuracy and completeness of data
- Ensures success of your ERP project through effective Data Migration planning
- Proper decommissioning of legacy systems and associated data
Delivering value through a range of flexible engagement options.
Guided by SMC
- Reduce costs with our proven methodology, full array of Toolkits and IP
- Unlimited access to our team of subject matter experts on the phone or virtually through Zoom.
SMC to lead
- Level of engagement depends on your capabilities, capacity, budget and risk appetite.
- Our approach is tailored to your specific needs, leveraging our proven methodologies and best practice IP.