For many organisations, the implementation of an ERP system is the most significant strategic initiative they will make and embark upon in a decade. Given the overall organisational impact of these projects and the high failure rates, you need to partner with experts that truly have your best interests in mind.
Independent ERP and digital transformation consulting firms that are software vendor agnostic and that don’t stand to benefit from decisions to spend dollars with a vendor are by far the best choice to serve as a trusted advisor throughout your implementation.
Like any team-based activity, there needs to be an experienced and effective lead function. This is no different for an ERP implementation project or digital transformation.
The implementation of enterprise solutions is a highly specialised area and anyone that does not do this day in and day out will put the project at risk. Furthermore, having all your eggs in one basket by using an internal resource or an external individual contractor, without the backing of an organisation with the breadth of resources and experience to provide support when required, decreases the chances of a successful outcome significantly.
SMC also has a proven methodology to manage ERP implementation projects. It includes activities, deliverables, lessons learned, tools and accelerators that constitute good practices based on hundreds of successful implementations and our expert resources. It is business focussed, technology agnostic and therefore integrates with any Implementation Partner methodology. It focuses on the shared client/SMC responsibilities and deliverables.
SMC will save you time, money and frustration.
SMC is uniquely placed to support your ERP implementation or digital transformation journey by providing the right mix of experienced and qualified professionals to help you at the right times. Our team has worked together many times before and operates in an integrated way for your benefit and includes:
- Independent Project QA and Risk Management– This is a small price to pay for a very effective insurance policy to hedge against failure, cost overruns, frustration and lost ROI
- End-to-end Project Management– Our Project Managers are leaders with extensive ERP experience and a history of successful projects behind them
- Organisational Change Management– To help your people transition and be productive sooner
- Business Analysis and Process Management– To ensure your future ways of working are optimised and critical requirements are supported
Benefits of engaging SMC to help deliver your Systems Implementation:
- ERP project or Digital Transformation success – on time and on budget
- High levels of user acceptance and productivity
- Expected benefits realised sooner (eg, automated and efficient business processes, unlock your data to power growth)
- Digital optimisation, delivered
- Transition from project-mode to on-going support-mode, which should include a level of self-sustainability with the new system
- Minimal disruption to the business during the project and after go-live
Delivering value through a range of flexible engagement options.
Guided by SMC
Does your team need some guidance and assistance with your selection and implementation project? We offer guided engagements which are aimed at organisations that want some assistance from world class ERP/ Enterprise Software experts, but don’t need a team of consultants on site.
Key Benefits of Guided Solution
- Reduce costs with our proven methodology, full array of Toolkits and IP
- Unlimited access to our team of subject matter experts on the phone or virtually through Zoom.
SMC to lead
Do you want expert advisors and consultants to lead your project and deliver exceptional outcomes? You can trust our team to have the knowledge, skills and tools to deliver on your project.
Key Benefits of SMC Lead Solution
- Level of engagement depends on your capabilities, capacity, budget and risk appetite.
- Our approach is tailored to your specific needs, leveraging our proven methodologies and best practice IP.